Monday 5 February 2018

My Five Days of Working

0 comments


Actually, I planned to make an entry about my first day of working. But life was so hectic since the past five days and I only got my leave today, so I will just compile everything in a post. Maybe it will be just as long as it could be or maybe just nice and short because yes my fingers were aching.

So ;

1. When my kiosk supposed to have three workers and all of us only have eight hours of shifts but then one of us did not want to continue and decided to not saying a word to our boss, we have twelve hours of shifts now and it was so damn tiring. 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. on weekdays and 10.00a.m. to 11.00p.m. on weekends. What say you?

2. Our first day went well even though it was a grand opening day. We were a bit clumsy here and there but we managed to settle everything by time. Alhamdulillah.

3. I do not really remember when was it ( thanks to my short-term memory ) but there was a customer who insisted our 'pending' juice ( it was called so because my boss want to customize the recipe ). We were damn afraid it will turned out really bad but thank God it was not. Instead, the customer praised us for it.

4. I accidentally cut my left ring finger with the long knife. I am not sure what was the name but it was long and we use it to cut watermelons. Damn, it was so hurt that I almost cry. And it still do not recover till today. I think I cut it deep.

5. I cut my index finger of the same hand on my third day. This time it was not as deep as before but the bleeding was too much that I got panicked like hell. Even the customer help me to wipe my blood. Embarrassing of course.

6. Our MarryBrown customer ( a worker, he is an Indian ) spat out the funniest comment ever when he said our juice tasted like petai. I was like, which part of petai he was talking about? We only have apple + kiwi + guava in that juice he ordered. So, where did the petai come from? I do not know why he said something like that but it was hilarious ( and made the three of us including my boss a bit sensitive about our juices afterwards )

7. Yesterday's business was a bit slow since it was Monday so my friend and I decided to just rest ahead. However, there was a spouse who came and nagged us about being lazy and not even trying to promote our juices and accused us of sleeping while working. We were a bit off for the comment of course but still continue to make their juice. To add insult to injury, our fridge encountered a problem where the temperature dropped too much and froze almost everything including our juices. So, it took us some time to prepare their juice. And know what, they spat us with something like 'cepatlah sikit buat jus pun terhegeh-hegeh.' Yes, we were moody the whole day and my friend almost cried but thanks to our boss that he gave us tonnes of advice to cheer us up again.

8. Honestly, I think my friend and I was like a mirror reflection. Too shy, a bit slow, clumsy and more. We were just exactly represent each other. So, we shared so many things together ( even lunch ) for the past few days even though it was our first time of sitting together in the kiosk. I hope she was doing well all alone today. Aha.

9. My boss was so nice, I have mentioned it before. He was just so nice that when we were too busy, he willingly help us without complaining. When we were down, he will cheer us up with his advice. And even treat us lunch. Not to include when we messed up but he do not even flinch at it. I wonder f he ever got mad before. It was a pure bliss totally. I always hope I will meet a boss like this before and I do not think I will complain anymore. And he was damn funny too that we constantly took chances to prank him.

10. There was a yogurt kiosk beside our kiosk. We were totally fine with the workers except for that one Chinese man. I do not really sure but maybe he was around his twenties. He would constantly look at both of us with a smug look? I do not know how to describe it but it was so uncomfortable to even take a deep breath, yes.

Overall, working was hectic but it was thrilling. I slowly started to love my job. My hands smells like fruits nowadays. I do not think I need to bath now. Aha joking. I really hope we would make more. After all, what else did you want other than a nice boss, a nice friend, a nice place of work with constant smell of chicken porridge from MarryBrown and nice experiences? Nothing else.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment